Sunday, May 14, 2023

513 Day In The Queen City

 Cincinnati, OH


Cincinnati Crafty Super Market

Today we started the day at the Crafty Supermarket.  This craft fair occurs a couple times a year and is held in the historic Music Hall Ballroom.  The Music Hall is a short walk from us so we headed over just after opening.  Our walk took us through Washington Park which was also holding an art and craft fair.  Donna was looking for yarn and I was looking for a cool local hipster Cincinnati shirt.  We walked the fair and ended up with yarn and new ceramic earrings for Donna.  I didn't like any of the shirts I saw enough to pay money for them.  Donna and I commented that there were all kinds of really cool things that we would have purchased if we had a house or apartment.


Us just outside of the Music Hall


I took this photo for my sister who loves true crime documentaries and does needlepoint art and then I forgot to text it to her.  She will see it here.  I am also noticing that the person that makes this has the same name as my other sister.  

After the craft fair we walked through the fair going on at the park and didn't find anything we needed.  There were some of the same vendors inside and outside.

Walking US 127

Our plan after the fair was to walk to Findlay Market and look at food and see the farmers market that happens on Saturdays.  Our walk took us up US 127 and it was a segment I haven't been on yet so I was able to mark it in my highway tracker, Travel Mapping, when I got home.  I like keeping track of the highways we have been on but I don't like the idea of driving around with no agenda just to pick up highway segments so I try to take different routes each time we drive, mark highways our busses travel on, and when I can, walk segments of the highway to mark them off.  My loose rule is that if I experience any part of the segment of the highway, I count the whole segment.

The gray segment is the part we walked on a bit.  We probably did about 200 yards of the 1.04 mile segment.  Mark it!

Sam Adams Cincy

It turns out that Samuel Adams Brewing Cincinnati was between us and the market so we stopped by.  They had a beer release and their own craft fair going on for 513 Day.  The Cincinnati area code is 513 so they celebrate 513 Day here on May 13th.  It's a day to celebrate everything Cincinnati so we went to a Boston Brewery that opened up a brewery in Cincinnati. 



The taproom is across the street from the larger brewing facility.  They offer tours but you have to pay for them so we weren't down for it today.



This was by far the best non-alcoholic beer we have had.  I would order this again when I want to cut out the alcohol in my beverage.

After Sam Adams we went to the market and didn't find anything we wanted.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at home relaxing with Francis.

If you missed yesterday's post you can find it here, Contemporary Art Center of Cincinnati.

No comments:

Post a Comment