Monday, January 30, 2023

A Weekend of Meetups

 Austin, TX

Meeting high school Facebook friends at Austin Beerworks

A Mini Loara High School Meetup

When we arrived in Austin I let Facebook know we were here (I don't want to brag but I have more than 10 friends on The Facebook). We got the normal "Have Fun" messages and we also got a message saying, "We are in Round Rock, we should meet up!"  This message was from Jon and Maureen.  Jon was a high school friend.  We didn't hang out outside of school but we had classes together and some of our good friends were shared.  I also found out that Maureen went to Loara.  We discussed this and decided we had little interaction and probably didn't have any classes together.  They also arrived with Michelle who also went to Loara.  We had a mini Loara Meetup at Austin Beerworks between Austin and Round Rock, TX.  It was great catching up and finding out what we had all been doing since 1990.  The beer was good and the conversation was great.  So glad we got the invitation to get together.  I didn't take as many photos as I normally do because we were so wrapped up in conversation.  

Of Beer Quality Of Life, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Austin Cidercade

On Sunday we met my cousin, her kids, and my aunt at Cidercade, a cidery and arcade about a mile away.  Stephanie said the kids love it and it was on my list for pinball.  We met at 11am and spent the next couple of hours catching up.  They all recently settled here in central Texas and are really enjoying it.  My cousin came for work and my Aunt is settling into retired life in Texas.  We had a great time catching up and had some good ciders, pizza, and wings.  We got a few pinball games in but by the time we were done talking the place was packed.  We had each paid a $10 entry fee for unlimited games but if you sign up to pay $15 a month you can come all month so we asked if we could convert our entry fee into a monthly pass and they agreed.  We will be back a few times I am sure and all we need to do is remember to cancel our membership before we leave.  


Nice Parks and Recs reference.

007 Dr. No is a new machine so this was my first time playing it.  I am looking forward to going back and learning the mechanics.



The Arcade was hopping!  There is a great selection of pinball as well as modern and vintage arcade games.  

That's it for this weekend but awesome plans are forming every day.  I have a feeling we will be very busy here going forward. If you missed the last post you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment