Wednesday, July 13, 2022

I'm Thor

 McKinney, TX

Moviehouse & Eatery by Cinépolis

Thor Matinee

Today we went with Sharon to see Thor: Love and Thunder at the McKinney Moviehouse & Eatery by Cinépolis.  It's one of those theaters where you can order meals and beers at your seat during the movie.  I guess these are more common than they used to be 10 years ago.  It's a great idea and nice to have a beer during a movie but not during a 10am matinee.  The theater has specials all week.  The first showing of a movie is half price on Tuesdays.  I can't remember the last time we saw a movie in a theater for $6.  I think we will probably go back next Tuesday and see something.  

Just in case you are in the area and want to take advantage of the deals

The movie was really great in my opinion.  I like some of the Marvel movies much more than others and the movies directed by Taika Waititi are at the top of the list for me.  All of his work is fantastic in my opinion.  

We had a feeling the theater wasn't going to be crowded


The bar looked pretty cool but it was 9:30am and it wasn't that sort of day.  We will wait until we get to New Orleans for that sort of day.



Even the last rounds!

It wasn't crowded.  Right before the movie started the audience tripled.

I feel like they started the trivia just for us

Donna and I split a churo doughnut.  It came with ice cream on top.  Part of this nutritious breakfast (not shown).

So if you are in the Dallas/McKinney/Fairview/Frisco/Plano/Allen/Princeton TX area and you find yourself sitting in 100+ degree weather wondering what to do and want to see a cheap movie, head on over to Moviehouse & Eatery by Cinépolis.  

Did you read about yesterday's crowded Science Museum visit?  If not check it out here.  If you already read about that visit maybe you didn't read about our other visit to an overly crowded Science Museum in Denver.  You can read about that here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment