Thursday, July 28, 2022

Hollow Knight

 McKinney, TX


On the Couch playing Hollow Knight

Today was a lazy hot day.  We didn't have any plans so I played Hollow Knight pretty much all day long.  I used to play games all the time.  I would have 2 different games going at once and switch back and forth when I got stuck or frustrated.  The other day Erika (our niece) was over and brought her switch to show me some games.  She chose Hollow Knight and let me play.  I was pretty hooked from that moment on.  It's a great platformer with really great design, really compelling progression, and great boss design.  I have been deep into some games over the past few years but this game hasn't put me in the "well I have come this far, I just need to finish it" mode like some of the other games I have played in recent years.  Hollow Knight started out as a Kickstarter game and raised money for initial development back in late 2014 and was released in early 2017.  It went on to be released on many platforms and had sold over 3m copies by 2020.  There is a sequel in development.

I am taking my time going through and collecting as much as I can.  Some of the bosses are really hard so I am trying to over develop my character to help me get through them.  I am not as good of a gamer as I once was and this game isn't known for being easy.  I have also been getting tips from Erika when I get stuck. She said there is a boss that took her a week to figure out.  That's going to be tough.

We have 2 more full days here in McKinney and don't plan on going out much.  I will continue to play Hollow Knight and we have a lot of packing and organizing to do before we hit the road Saturday morning.  We are excited for our next adventures in Kansas City MO.  We already have some solid plans and we are in the heart of everything there and close to public transit so it will be a more familiar month for us.  

If you didn't read yesterday's Nope post you can find it here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment