Thursday, April 4, 2024

Pinball, Tiki, a Free T-Shirt, and Corn Dogs

 Victoria, BC


Our Morning Walk

This morning we grabbed Francis and walked down to the waterfront, a 5 minute walk from our Airbnb.  We walked over the Johnson St. Bridge, the one that was shown drawn in yesterday's blog, and enjoyed the sun.  

There is a brewery and food hall that we haven't visited yet.


They don't appear to have the weird obsession of getting rid of Dandelions here.

The Johnson St. Bridge in its down position.

Here is the big gear that raises the bridge when it goes up.

Both sides of the bridge have completely separated pedestrian paths which is very nice.

The Google reviews for these chairs are very high. It's a nice place to sit and watch water taxis go by.

They decided to use kilometers on this sign.


Pinball

This afternoon we went to Pinhalla Pinball and Pizzeria, twice.  We went at 3pm when we thought they opened and then again at 4pm when they actually opened.  It's a very short walk from our Airbnb so it was no big deal, I just had to delay my pinball urges for an hour more.  Pinhalla is a brand new Pizzeria and pinball arcade.  They have 34 machines in excellent condition.  I was excited to play a few that I have never played before.

On our first visit they were still closed.

Mars God of War was a new machine for me.  It's really fun.


Whoever designed this toilet interface failed.  You shouldn't need to add instructions to your toilet.

I also got to play Popeye Saves the Earth for the first time.  It's a lot of fun too.  On my 3rd game I earned a replay for my high score.


I am sure at some point I will be able to review the pizza, but I can say that the pinball side is fantastic with a lot of room to move around.  The machines have plenty of space between them.  It's a great place to play pinball.

Tiki in B.C.

After pinball, we walked 5 minutes to Tora Tiki for their 5pm opening.  We didn't have huge expectations for it but it ended up being really fantastic.  Their happy hour runs from 5-7pm and their decorations are really great.  It was a really comfortable tiki bar with very friendly staff and fantastic drinks.




They had two portholes with monitors behind them.  The video cycled from aquarium to a sunset while we were there.


I really liked the skull shirt but I also liked the other shirt because it said Victoria BC on it.  







We didn't steal a cursed mug.

Donna got the Trader Vic's Grog.  It was fantastic.

I got the Happy Hour Daiquiri.  It was only $8 CAD and also fantastic.  



I also got an order of the corn dogs.  I love corn dogs and these were pretty good.



It was cool to see old Bruce Brown movie posters.  I had most of his surf movies at one point.

It's also a Karaoke bar but that doesn't happen until later in the evening and it's in a private room.






After our drink and corn dogs I asked about the T-Shirts.  Our bartender and possibly the owner said they only have small and extra small and more were on order.  She then looked at Donna and asked if she wanted a shirt for free because there aren't many small or extra small tiki bar patrons.  Donna checked out both styles and settled on one.

This is the shirt she chose.  We ended up leaving a large tip.

That's it for today.  If you missed, Victoria So Far..., check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment