Saturday, February 10, 2024

Pinball and a Punk Rock Tiki Bar

 Las Vegas, NV


Player One Video Game Bar

Player One Video Game Bar is a really great arcade bar a few miles away.  It's a great arcade bar with tons of free play arcade games and video game consoles as well as a handful of pinball machines that you have to feed quarters into.  You pay a flat price for all day play and you can go in and out, which is great for us.  We decided to head over today and check it out.

Player One is in a strip mall with plenty of parking

It's 21 and over.  We arrived and went in and had our ID checked and logged so we could go in and out until they closed at 5am!

It's a great space with cool retro game decorations and merch for sale.

They have events during the week too like cosplay night.  I will be playing in a tournament here on Monday.

My kinda place!



The bar has cool ads and video game stuff set in Lucite or some other clear surface.




The pinball machines were well serviced.  Donna noted a broken flipper and we told the operator and it was fixed half an hour later.

They also had cool stations for many of the consoles.

The plan was to play some pinball and then walk over to a "Tiki" bar we wanted to visit and then walk back and play more pinball so that is what we did.  We had some good games and then did the .3 mile walk to Red Dwarf.

Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf is what I would consider a Tiki Bar.  Some would call it Tiki adjacent.  It's a cocktail and beer bar with pizza and punk rock shows in the evenings.  There isn't much punk rock gong on at 2:30pm on a Friday, which suited our needs.  

It doesn't look like much from the outside.

Inside is a mix of Tiki, Punk Rock, Records, Beer Bar, and Dive Bar.  The beer selection was the best I have seen for a "Tiki" Bar.


When I sat down, and already tipsy guy, gave me a nerf 20 sided die and said, "Send It!"  I rolled it on the bar and he said, "NO!  SEND IT!" so I threw it across the bar and hit the back wall.  This is him checking to see what number it settled on.  It was 7 so he got Beer #7 on the list and a shot of Jameson.  He liked the beer the die chose so he gave me a fist pump.

Both Donna and I chose beers because we weren't sure about the quality of the cocktails and a beer sounded good.

This guy was staring down at me the whole time.










We had a nice time drinking our beer and talking to the group next to us which included the "Send It" guy.  He asked what we do and I said we were retired.  He said that's what he wanted to do and we talked about retirement strategies we employ.  It seemed he was a spender and his newish partner was more of a saver.  We may have given her some ammo to help her partner save more but maybe not, who knows?

Back to Player One

After our beer at the bar we walked back to Player One for some more pinball.  We could have stayed for another 14 hours if we wanted to stay up until tomorrow morning.



We got to play Pinball Champ which is a rare Italian made pinball machine.  The backglass makes me believe pinball players are more popular with the women in Italy.

I don't know what a "normal" good score is but this felt pretty good.  Maybe I will find out during the tournament on Monday.

I had some pretty good games on the machines I know.  I need to do some research on Judge Dredd, Tales from the Crypt, and Twilight Zone to prepare for Monday.

Anytime I can play pinball, go to a tike bar, and get a craft beer is a good day.  Today was a good day.  If you missed, Paramount Mountain, check it out.  We sat in a Star Trek captains chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment