Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Next Stop, Sin City!

 Las Vegas, NV

Playing Pinball in a window display at Atomic Age Modern 

So Long Phoenix!

This morning we packed up the van and headed north, but before that story, I will catch you up with our Phoenix stay.

Phoenix was great.  We hade a wonderful 2 months (minus the doing dishes by hand every day, and our very nice but overly, "I want to swing by" Airbnb Host) taking in all that the area had to offer.  We had a great Thanksgiving with Sophie and Josh, we had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Sophie and Josh, and we had a great New Years Day with them.  Donna and I got to go to a cool bar called Platform 18 for New Years Eve, and I played a lot of pinball with a great pinball community.

We went to Kon Tiki (the oldest Tiki Bar in Arizona) in Tucson on our way back from finishing the state with Sophie and Josh.





We rode the Tucson Street Car

Sophie bought me this cool shirt

We celebrated New Years Eve (on London Time) at Platform 18, a bar that is a virtual train ride.  This trip took us through The Bayous of Louisiana.

The Drinks were Awesome!

We made gingerbread houses on New Years Day (we forgot to make them on Christmas).



We went bowling in Arizona!


We ate James Beard Award Winning Fry Bread at Fry Bread House.

I put up High Score #3 on the new Elton John Pinball Machine at The Electric Bat.  It's a great game as far as I can tell so far.

I played at another Atomic Age Modern Pinball Tournament

I played in a tournament at Star Fighter Arcade

I took an "Accidentally Wes Anderson" photo on a dog walk.

And we finished Arizona with Santa Cruz County!

Whenever I leave a place I talk about how great the pinball community was and Phoenix was the same, great!  Great people, great places to play, and great tournaments.  I am starting to think the pinball community is great everywhere.

From the Valley of the Sun to The Valley of Sin

We headed north out of Phoenix and drove for a few hours, drove over The Hoover Dam and then into Las Vegas!  Our Airbib is in the shadow of the Stratosphere and right in the Art District (my favorite area in Las Vegas). We have already met our neighbors and their dog and are getting settled in.  We have lots of plans and I hope to keep you up to date.  I also plan on playing in 3 pinball tournaments.  The last thing we do before we leave in February is avoid The Super Bowl completely.  


Our backyard

Francis enjoying our backyard.
That's it for today.  If you missed the last post all the way back in November, The Electric Bat Bounty Knockout Tournament, check it out.  I also plan on writing more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment