Monday, December 18, 2023

The Electric Bat Bounty Knockout Tournament

 Mesa, AZ

I didn't have a documentary team today so I had to take a selfie

Chui's Electric Bat Bounty Tournament

Today's tournament was a 4 strike tournament with a twist, when you enter you get a poker chip and when you get knocked out you give that poker chip to the person that knocked you out.  It cost $5 and you cash it in for $5.  It's a really fun format where the money is spread around to more than a few people.  

I also got an envelope with 2 things in it 1) a playing card and 2) a slip of paper saying what prize I won.  The playing card lined up with 1 card drawn at the beginning of the tournament.  If you had that card (the 10 of Diamonds) you got money when you got knocked out depending on what round you got knocked out on.  You weren't allowed to open your envelope, the Tournament Director had to do it.  The player that had the 10 of Diamonds got knocked out in Round 5 and won $150!




I won my 5th round on Deadpool and knocked out a player so I got a chip!

When I was knocked out I took my chip and my envelope to Chui, the Tournament Director and he opened it to reveal my prize.

A framed Big Guns One Sheet!  I also got $5 for my chip.  I am really going to have to buy a bin just for pinball prizes and trophies.


I lasted 7 rounds and I almost got through round 7.  The scores were VERY close.  I finished 33rd out of 64.  I had a terrible game on Creature but I was happy with the rest of my rounds.  I just need to continue to play better.  When this tournament gets entered on the IFPA site it will replace one of my terrible scores and my ranking will go up.

That's it for today.  If you missed Christmas Cocktails and a Pinball Speakeasy, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment