Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Sippin' Santa and Johnny Cab

 Phoenix, AZ


Cheese Making

This morning I followed a recipe I got off of Chainbaker and made Mozzarella Cheese using whole milk and vinegar.  I will use the whey to make the pizza dough.  Getting the cheese to curdle was pretty easy but I don't know how they expect you to kneed 160 degree cheese to get it smooth.  My soft hands just aren't up to that task so the cheese is not smooth.  









Making cheese was fun but I probably won't do it again.  There is a lot of good cheese at the supermarket.

Sippin' Santa

This afternoon we took the bus to Bitter & Twisted for the Sippin' Santa Tiki Pop-up.  We went to this event last year when we were in New Orleans.  







Bitter & Twisted is a cocktail bar, with some major awards for their drinks, the bar, and their menu.  This time of year they decorate for Christmas and serve Tiki Drinks.

Santa!









After Bitter & Twisted, we realized we were only 2 blocks away from one of the Ramen places we wanted to try so we walked over there for dinner.  



Ramen Kagawa is in downtown Phoenix.  

After dinner I called a Waymo.  Waymo is a driverless taxi service here in Phoenix and in a few other markets.  After signing up I got 5 half price rides so it was cool to ride in a "Johnny Cab" and only pay a few bucks to do it.






We took the obligatory photos of a car driving with no driver and watched as it skillfully made turns and identified other cars on monitor in the back seat.  At one point Donna saw a cyclists cutting across the street in front of us but they didn't display on the monitor.  I assume the car saw them but we can't be sure.  The car has lots of sensors and spinning things on the outside corners of the vehicle.

Having a robotic Johnny Cab driver is creepier than having no driver at all in my opinion.

That's it for today.  If you missed A Nice Pinball Surprise in Surprise, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment