Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A Nice Pinball Surprise in Surprise

 Surprise, AZ


I don't always take selfies in the restroom but when I do it's with Dana, Zuul, and The Keymaster.

Pinball Tournament in Surprise

This morning my brother in law, Josh, and I drove, what seemed like half way to Las Vegas, to play in a pinball tournament at Player 1 Arcade in Surprise, AZ.  It ended up being totally worth it.  The people were great and the director was great.  They even paused after round 2 (before anyone was knocked out) to give away Stern Banners, Starbucks Gift Certificates, Beer Mugs, and other things.  I didn't win anything but Josh was a winner.


They had cameras on the playfields with monitors above showing the action.  You could watch players play while still standing back.


The spin to win feature was really fun.  I think more than half of the players won somehting.

Josh won a Miller Light Holiday Pom Beanie (an $18 value!)

One of the bathroom walls had an Oingo Boingo mural.



The Member Mug Club had nice lockers attached to a dry cleaning track.  Members would use the button to rotate the rack and get their mug.

It was a 3 strikes tournament.  3rd and 4th got 1 strike and 3 strikes and yer out!  I did really well.  Sadly I had a terrible ball on my 2nd game of Rush and I tilted my 2nd ball during Multiball on Stranger Things.

I was tied for 7th.  You can see I finished above #525 and #256 and #328 in The World.  I will take it!

It was a really fun tournament and I will play in it once more before we leave for Las Vegas.  I think Josh really enjoyed his time too and will be playing in it again.

That's it for today.  If you missed The Phoenix Art Museum, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment