Saturday, November 25, 2023

A Pinball Tournament in a Furniture Store

 Mesa, AZ


Atomic Age Modern

Tonight I went to Atomic Age Modern, with my brother in law, and played in a pinball tournament.  Atomic Age Modern is a Vintage Modern Furniture Store and pinball parlor.  During the day you can play pinball while furniture shopping and at night, twice a month, you can play in a pinball tournament. It was a unique place to play and we both had a lot of fun.  

The machines were well taken care of and they had a nice mix of new and old.

There was also cool stuff to look at between rounds.

It was Josh's first tournament and he played well and had a good time.

I played with a 5 year old.  He had been playing for a couple of years and knew what he was doing.


One of the guys I was playing with got a great score on Taxi and took a photo to prove it.  I took a photo to prove that he took a photo.


The front window display was Christmas Story themed

Major Award and all.

The tournament was a unique one because the prizes weren't cash

They were knick knacks from the store.

The prizes made this tournament unique for players as well.  People weren't there to win money, they were there to have fun.  Anyone who is driven by cash prizes isn't playing in this tournament so the players playing here were playing for the love of the game, and knick knacks.

This tournament was my 15th tournament.  Only 5 more until I have my real "world ranking".  My first 3 rounds were great with a 2nd, 2nd, and 1st but then the wheels fell off the cart and I took 3rd, 4th and 4th.  That put me right at or just below the middle of the field in the end.  It was still good practice for me and I got to play a few machines I have never played before.


That's it for today.  If you missed 12 Hours of Pinball, you can check it out.  I played in a giant tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment