Tuesday, October 24, 2023

New Mexico's State Cookie

 Albuquerque, NM

My new New Mexico Pinball Shirt!

New Mexico's Official State Cookie

Yesterday Donna started on the Official New Mexico State Cookie Recipe, the Biscochito and today she finished it.  The cookies are great!  I would like the recipe we used but it's behind the America's Test Kitchen Paywall.  We have the book on our trip so we got it out of that.  It seemed a bit more straight forward than the recipe on the state's site.


Delicious flaky cookies with Anise Seeds and cinnamon sugar coating.


Lunch With Friends

We headed north to Rio Rancho to have lunch with friends, one who was also a former coworker with me at Point of View.  It was a great lunch of catching up and sharing what we have been up to on this trip. We will probably get together again before we leave.  

Shopping

After lunch we drove around like suburbanites and went to Target, PetSmart, and 2 Mexican Grocery Stores.  We had some essentials to pick up and they all ended up getting picked up on the same day.  Our menu this week calls for Tamales and we were trying to figure out how we would steam them when a $9.99 tamale steamer / pot presented itself.  We don't usually try to increase our load of cookware but it seemed worth it in this case and we can use it for 4 months before we have any really heavy road tripping to do.  All of our stays are just one after the other until February.

We passed on the Scratch and Sniff pet waste bags.  I am not sure who would see this as a selling feature.

Tamales soon!

And More Pinball

At 4pm I headed back to Sister Bar to play some more pinball.  I was excited to learn a few more machines there before the Saturday tournament.  I ended up meeting the guy maintaining the machines and he invited me to the tournament.  I let him know I would be there and then bought a shirt to represent New Mexico Pinball on our travels.  I now have 4 pinball shirts.


I improved my Rick and Morty score from yesterday by revisiting a tutorial I watched.  Not an amazing score but a score I would be fine with in a tournament.  I also improved my Bram Stoker's Dracula and Rush scores.  My goal was to learn Rick and Morty and Monopoly a bit better and I did that.

That's it for today.  If you missed A Weekend in ABQ, check it out.  We played pinball amongst other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment