Saturday, July 15, 2023

Walker Art Center

Minneapolis, MN


 The Walker Art Center

Today we went to The Walker Art Center with our NARM pass.  It's about a half a mile away so we walked.  It isn't a huge museum but they have some good stuff there and we saw it.  

The building is cool.



Y.oung P.ublisher 99 cents & Up (2) - Paul Chan

Primitv - Paul Chan

Pillowsophia (after Ghostface) - Paul Chan


My Fear of Night Diving - Pacita Abad

She used fabric, paint, buttons, thread, broken glass, yarn and other forms of sewing to create her art.

Join the Circle - Pacita Abad


Freedom from Illusion - Pacita Abad

Lake George Barns - Georgia O'Keeffe

Selection from Flash - Andy Warhol

Me looking closely at Office at Night -  Edward Hopper


Office at Night -  Edward Hopper

Night Sky #6 - Vija Celmins

Artist's Studio No. 1 (Look Mickey) -  Roy Lichtenstein

Donna in bianco con cappello in mano -  Michelangelo Pistoletto

I liked this piece because it made it look like the art was looking at other art in the gallery.

Pudel -  Katharina Fritsch

Imperfect Painting -  Roy Lichtenstein

Flowers -  Andy Warhol


Untitled -  Donald Judd

Liminal Bathroom - Jon Sieker

Fancy Ice

After the museum we decided to walk back to Kowalski's Market to pick up a few things.  On the way out we saw Clear Ice for sale.  It's the first time I have seen it for sale for consumers so we bought it. Later in the evening I made us both Manhattans using it.

Pure and Clear like the 10,000 lakes of Minnesota! (actually a lot clearer)


It was $12

And came with 6 Cylinders (or Spheres) so $2 per cylinder

So I decided to cut them in half to reduce the cost to $1 per drink.

I watched a YouTube video so now I'm an expert!  I'm a visual learner.

Nailed It!  On the left a $0.60 cylinder, on the right a $1.40 cylinder.

Still the drinks looked good and tasted great!




During this process I put some water in my insulated coffee sipper to make my own clear ice.  It has worked in the past so I figured I would do it again.  it will be ready in a couple days.

After buying the ice but before making the drinks I went to Caffetto to play pinball.  I am practicing my ball handling skills (not those balls).  I started a spreadsheet with the places, machines, and scores so I can track my progress.  I rocked the Bally Star Trek (1978) machine and the Twilight Zone Machine for big points.  My modern game scores still need to catch up to my improved ball handling skills.

Rocked!!!!

Half a Billion!

I also got my ball stuck on the Toy Story 4 machine.  I thought this was funny.  "No I Cantada!"
This machine was all kinds of whack.  I played 3 games and got through 1 without the ball getting stuck enough to ruin the game.

That's it for today.  We hit 1 week in Minneapolis and have a ton to do still.  If you missed Minnesota Yarn Store, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment