Friday, May 12, 2023

Pinball in Kentucky at a Comic Book Shop

 Florence, KY

Dr. Robotnik watches over my game

Comics 2 Games

Today we visited a comic book shop in Kentucky.  They have a great collection of pristine pinball machines.  This wasn't the original plan.  The original plan was to use the public pool near us before school lets out and it becomes crowded.  There is a sign out in front of the pool that says "Pool Open" and then list the hours it's open. We walked over to the poll and were greeted by a few somewhat condescending employees asking if they could help us. We said we wanted to swim and they pointed to the "Pool Open" sign and said that the pool wasn't open.  I have read this sign at least 3 times so I read it again and all I saw was "Pool Open" and some hours listed below.  After closer inspection and after they told us there was more to the sign I noticed a light orange font, different from all of the other colored font, above the Pool open that listed dates from May to October starting in about a week and a half.  This text is BARELY visible to me and I am not color blind as far as I know.  It was a terrible choice in our opinion.  Anyway that led to us driving to Kentucky to play pinball.  Pinball was great!  The machines were set on 3 plays for $1 and there were quite a few machines I had never played.  We made closed pool lemonade (that sounds gross).

Comics 2 Games is HUGE



This is one of the first Pinball Machines I remember playing.  I used to play it at The StarCade in Disneyland.  It's as fun as I remember.



The game room is off to the side of a giant comic book store.

Toy Story 4 is a very new machine.

The updated Elvira machine is great.

The first time I played Black Knight Sword of Rage I really didn't like it but I loved playing it this time.  Not sure if that is the difference between the Pro version and the Limited Edition version.

Batman 66 is really fun too.

It was a fun 20 minute drive into Kentucky.  We played some great machines, I got some more Stern Achievements, and we drove some now highways.  That was it for today.  If you missed The Cincinnati Art Museum check it out.  We saw a Pete Rose Warhol!

No comments:

Post a Comment