Monday, November 21, 2022

Keeping Busy Without Really Going Out

 Baton Rouge, LA

Francis is too busy to open his eyes

The Call of the Couch

This week we are going through a cold snap and this Airbnb has a really nice couch and TV so sometimes it is hard to get out there and do stuff all of the time but we are keeping busy none the less.  Here are some of the things we are doing to keep busy when we aren't exploring the city we are staying in because sometimes you have to take a break.

Clear Ice

I watch quite a bit of YouTube and I often scroll through the suggested for you stuff.  The other day a video on how to make clear ice showed up so I watched it and it was fantastic so I tried it and it worked!


Cooking

We cook a lot. Donna has been taking the lead this past week and the food has been great!  She has been making a bunch of meals with local ingredients.  I help chop those ingredients sometimes.  Other times I watch YouTube and let her know it smells good.  
Here are the recipes we made this week.



I also made Pain De Epi last week and baguettes this week.  

The counters are gross here so I have to kneed on a cutting board which isn't optimal.


It still turned out though!

These are my favorite videos for these recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36CisvPJYXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBBJYda-dyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfLetvF96E

Taking Photos of Silly Stuff

I also keep busy by constantly taking photos of things that get my attention while we are out.  Most end up here but some just have no context and don't really fit with the story I am telling.  Here are a few of those.

We took a special trip to the grocery store for really cheap yams.  

And picked up some more really really cheap Mirlitons.

I have heard Yellowstone is good.  


Some butcher got an idea.  Maybe it will catch on.

This syrup is reveling in he fact that it is artificially flavored.  Who would buy this?


Nintendo Switch

Yesterday I hooked up The Switch.  I figured we would have low energy days during the Thanksgiving weekend.  I started playing Hollow Knight and Animal Crossing again.  Animal Crossing bought back waves of Covid Quarantine Nostalgia if that is a thing.

We have 2 weeks left and the list of things we absolutely have to do is short.  I know there will be a ton of things to do in New Orleans so taking it easy isn't such a bad thing, it just gives me less to write about.

That's it for today.  If you missed yesterday's post you can find it here.  We had a fairly high energy day climbing to the top of Tiger Stadium.



No comments:

Post a Comment