Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Let's Go Lynx!

 Minneapolis, MN

Mary Tyler Moore!  We're going to make it after all!

$1 WNBA Minnesota Lynx Tickets

Today we continued unpacking and then walked over to Target Center to use our $1 Minnesota Lynx tickets Donna found for us by subscribing to the local newspaper.  Right after we subscribed we were offered $1 tickets as a thank you.  

The walk to Target Center as well as Target Field is about a mile.  It was a little rainy but we were not deterred.  We arrived and were surprised to be able to enter the arena without showing our tickets.  The ticket check started inside.  I guess that makes sense when you could maybe freeze to death while waiting to get in during a winter storm.  

We always just follow the crowd that looks like they are going where we are going.  It works pretty well.

This Prince mural caught my eye as we got close to the arena.

The Target Center hosts concerts too.  Minneapolis is a really big music city.

Security was fast.  Also we didn't really have anything other than what was in our pockets.  We know better.

They scanned our E-Tickets and then handed us printed tickets.


It isn't open but if it was should we count it?

The fine beers on offer.  I was snacky and thirsty so I decided to spend a little money on food and drink seeing as how the tickets were only a dollar each and we didn't have to pay for parking because we walked.


They did card me so I guess I look to be 30 years of age or younger.  I will take it as a compliment.

My food choice was a Walking Taco.  Walking Taco, Chili Boat, and Frito Pie are all similar fast food concoctions.  The internet tells me that The Walking Taco is always made in the chip bag but the Frito Pie AKA Chili Boat can be made outside the Frito bag as well as inside.

The finest ingredients go right in the bag!

I'm counting my calories these days (and approaching my goal weight), so I checked the bag which I thought would be in vain, but it's packed to be a walking taco!

I tried to showcase the fine ingredients.

It was as good as you would expect.  I figure it's worth the price because I would never make it at home.

The game was super fun and exciting.  The arena staff really kept the crowd energy up with all sorts of things.  One of the pauses in play featured a slam dunk contest for 3 very shy 4ish year old girls.  It was fun to watch the handlers try to get them to dunk on a basket made just for them.  It looked like they all just wanted to hang on to the basketball so no one would take it away from them.

I was disappointed when I saw the camera guy wearing Timberwolves branded work attire.

I then noticed that The Lynx have their own floor at the arena.

Dessa, a local rap artist headlined the halftime show.

The Lynx won the game.  They have a strong team.

All of the players did a dance to celebrate the win and the arena staff danced along in the aisles as we left.

We went out the wrong door so I was able to get a better view of the Prince mural.

That's it for today.  If you missed, A Quick Pinball Tournament at Broken Clock, check it out.  We played pinball all day.






No comments:

Post a Comment