Friday, May 24, 2024

Hanging with the YouTubers

 Calgary, AB

Ya can't sit around waiting for good weather.

Another Footbridge

Today we walked to the footbridge that is in every YouTuber's Video about Calgary.  I don't have video editing software so I figured I would do a YouTube Video Style Blog Post.


Today I visit the Top 1 Footbridges in Calgary!

"What's up guys?!  Today I am in Calgary and I am counting down The Top One Footbridges in Calgary!  Coming in at #1 is The Peace Bridge! "

(Now this is the part were I just copy and paste from the internet and pretend like I am an expert.)

"Peace Bridge is a bridge that accommodates people walking and cycling across the Bow River in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The bridge, designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, opened for use on March 24, 2012.

The bridge was built by The City of Calgary to connect the southern Bow River pathway and Downtown Calgary with the northern Bow River pathway and the community of Sunnyside. This connection was designed to accommodate the increasing number of people commuting to and from work and those utilizing Calgary's pathways. The bridge is reportedly used by 6000 people a day and has ranked among the top 10 architectural projects in 2012 and among the top 10 public spaces of 2012."

"That's the Top One Footbridge in Calgary list for you!  I hope you learned something and it inspires you to live your life to the fullest!"

"Like and Subscribe for more content like this!"

Okay that was fun but but not me.  Back to photos with possible snark.

You can see the bridge there off in the distance.  Our walk was about 2 miles round trip.

It is a really cool looking bridge so I don't blame all of the YouTubers and Influencers for featuring it in their content.

The center lane is for bike and scooter traffic and the outside lanes are for pedestrians.  It's nice that they separate the traffic.


You can see the bridge we crossed yesterday off in the distance.

There were multiple groups of people on the downtown side of the bridge getting that perfect shot.  Some where blocking the bike lane.


Another shot of this cool looking footbridge.  It kind of reminds me of one of those novelty "Chinese Finger Traps" you can buy.


It was cold and raining but we still hoped the ice cream stand was open.  It was not.  :(

I thought this cyclist looked like an old timey poker dealer with a little visor.

We got to walk across another footbridge that didn't make the Top One List.



Donna got to pet a Trilobite sculpture.

The last part of our walk was this staircase.

Oh and I stopped to take a photo of these derpy Bison!

That's it for today.  If you missed, "A Museum, A Walk, and Light Rail", check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment