Monday, September 25, 2023

New Brewery and A Pinball Tournament

Greenwood Village, CO


Prost Brewing

Today we went to Prost Brewing for lunch.  We can walk there, they allow dogs, they have great food, and they just won two Great American Beer Festival medals.  








One of the many footbridges we get to walk across staying where we were staying in downtown Denver.

And another

1Up Greenwood Village Pinball Tournament

Later that evening I drove to 1Up Greenwood Village and met my friend Bob and played in a tournament.  It was his first tournament but he is no stranger to pinball.  He has a few machines in his basement.  It was a really fun tournament and I did well.  I also got to play with a friend and play with some of the top players in the world because they live here.

1Up Greenwood Village is a big arcade, bar and restaurant unlike 1Up LODO which is a 21 and over Arcade Bar.

I got to play the brand new Venom machine.


I was also excited to see Walt Wood playing in the tournament.  He is currently 37th in the world.



I won my first round on Skateball and then got paired with my friend Bob in round 2 on Medieval Madness and won that round.  It was bitter sweet but Bob was still in it and having fun.

Bob Rocking Medieval Madness

It was a pretty close, low scoring game.  We had time after the official game so we played another round and both got better scores.

I was feeling pretty good winning my first 2 rounds and then had a bad game on Fish Tales and got my first strike for losing.  You get 3 strikes and then you are out.  I was still feeling pretty good and then this happened.

Paired with Walt Wood!  Cool.  This will be a spectacular loss but it will be fun.

We actually got moved to Metallica because people were casually playing Venom.  I got my butt kicked but Walt was super nice and fun to play with.

I asked for a selfie and he was happy to oblige.  He went on to win the tournament.

It was a fun tournament and I played great.  I ended up tied for 5th.  We will see how this all plays out when I get my IFPA points but it was probably my best tournament yet and it was a lot of fun.

Tied for 5th!  I will probably end up 6th or 7th when it all plays out but still a great result.


That was it for today.  If you missed Downtown Arvada and A Craft Fair, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment