Thursday, June 1, 2023

Duckpin Bowling - Bowling with a Free Marionette Show

 Cincinnati, OH

The obligatory Wash Room Downstairs Selfie, its a trope!

Back to Pins Mechanical Co

Today we headed back to Pins Mechanical Co for some Duckpin Bowling and Pinball.  Pins Mechanical Co has BOGO Duckpin Bowling on Tuesdays and it just so happened that Donna was reading about bowling in the newspaper this morning and the bowling bug struck.  We were going to drive to a traditional (traditional for West Coast folks) bowling alley but I mentioned I needed to go to Pins to get my Foo Fighters Pinball Badge for the day so she looked at that and decided that was great.  We headed over at 4pm for opening happy hour.  We had the place to ourselves for at least half an hour!  Retirement is fantastic!

Here is an example of the marionette show you get after bowling.  This wasn't the best one.  I got the pins so tangled that someone had to come and fix them, twice!

Duckpin bowling is exactly like bowling we are familiar with on the West Coast except the bowling ball fits in the palm of your hand, has no finger holes, the pins are short and squat, the pins are reset with strings attached to the tops of them, and you get three balls.  Come to think of it Duckpin Bowling is nothing like bowling we are familiar with except you throw a ball at things to knock them down and drink beer.


The aforementioned Beer

Hucking Tiny Balls

I got a strike my first throw.  This wasn't my first throw.

She's throwing rocks tonight!

All of the mechanics in one fancy shot.  The throw, the pin reset, and the ball return.

I also got my fourth Foo Fighters Quest Badge through Stern Insider.  Yes I have a problem.

And I got my 7 day streak badge.  I know, I already said I have a problem.

That was it for today.  It was a fun outing.  If you missed my post about rating Cincinnati Coneys from three different places here it is, Cincinnati Regional Cuisine - Chili Challenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment