Thursday, April 27, 2023

Where The Missouri Meets The Mississippi

 West Alton, MO

Francis knows not to look at the camera.

Edward “Ted” and Pat Jones-Confluence Point State Park 

Today we went to Confluence Point State Park.  It's about a 40 minute drive from where we are staying with a 5 mile dirt road at the end of the drive.  It's a pretty minimalist state park with a parking lot and a few signs to tell you the history of the area.  The trail to the point is paved about half of the way and at the point there are a few cool monuments which I took photos of so you can see them below.  There are also a lot of birds in the area and even an Audubon Bird Sanctuary very close by.






The trail was really well maintained and there were a lot of trees.  Sometimes areas around The Mississippi River feel more like a wasteland but not here.






There is a trail that goes right into the water at the point.  On the right is The Missouri River and on the left is The Mississippi River.

I didn't dip my toe in even though I kind of wanted to.

After getting back I decided to head to Perennial Artisan Ales to have a beer and pick up a few to go.  It's a brewery that has been on my list of places to visit for quite a while now and we are running out of days here.

It was a big space with a lot of outside seating as well as inside seating.


They had a bunch of my favorite styles of beers on tap but I was driving so I went with this very low ABV American Lager.  It was good.

I also got to play a free game of Pinball!



I brought a few bottles home and Donna and I split one later that evening.


That's it for today.  If you missed the previous post, Art and Chocolate, check it out.  We saw art and bought some chocolate.

Friday is packing day and we hit the road for 3 days of camping on Saturday.  We check into our next Airbnb on Tuesday in Cincinnati, OH!  Our stay here has been the perfect amount of time because just now we are feeling like we are ready for change and change is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment