Thursday, April 20, 2023

We're Talking Baseball

 St. Louis, MO

I bet you can't guess where we are!

Busch Stadium

Today we took advantage of the nice weather and visited the 10th most urbanist ballpark in the US according to CityNerd.  We took the bus there and then did the walk up to the stadium with fans.  We grabbed a hot dog and then found our seats.  I chose the 400 level along the 1st base line because all of the research I did showed that this was the best area for shade the entire game.  I even took a few photos from The Gateway Arch to confirm the shade.

Check out that sweet sweet shade!  (taken the other day atop The Gateway Arch)







I got excited when I saw The Gateway Arch as we rounded the grandstands.

And then I saw The Gateway Arch from our seats!

We got to watch some tiny jumping spiders during the game.  We also did some birding and saw a Peregrine Falcon.

The Cardinals beat the Diamondbacks 14 to 5.  We saw singles, doubles, triples, home runs, and a Grand Slam Home Run.

It was a fun day in the shade enjoying the game. If you missed Missouri Botanical Gardens check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment