Friday, November 18, 2022

Louie's Cafe and Bengals and Bandits

 Baton Rouge, LA


Louie's Cafe

This morning we walked across the LSU campus to Louie's Cafe, an LSU tradition.  I mentioned we were going to Louie's yesterday at the brewery and the bar tender said, "Yay grease!" or something like that.  Louie's ranks high for breakfast places in Baton Rouge.  They have solid breakfast offerings.  

We saw signs on our walk that we were on the right track.

It isn't open 24 hours anymore.

Solid Diner Coffee

Solid Chicken Fried steak before I put the gravy on.

Nice house made biscuits


The hallway was littered with awards


Bengals and Bandits Shop

I try to buy a T-Shirt from the places that we have stayed.  I usually look for a cool graphic tee that represents the area and hopefully it has the name of the city on it somewhere.  I wasn't sure where to find a thing like this in Baton Rouge so I asked Reddit.  One of the recommendations was Bengals and Bandits.  They mostly carry LSU merch but there is a small section of Baton Rouge and Louisiana shirts.  I saw a few I liked but I have other places to check before I make the purchase.



LSU branded Ties and Belts

I took a few more photos of the area on our walk.  The campus and surrounding area are great places to walk.






That's it for today.  If you missed yesterday's post you can find it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment